In 2021, LeasePlan asked Beautiful Lives to investigate the market for both the purchase and lease of light commercial vehicles.
There is increasing demand for small vans and other light commercial vehicles. Usually, companies purchase these vehicles themselves. As the market leader in car leasing, LeasePlan wants to gain market share and bring the benefits of leasing to the attention of this target group.
LeasePlan asked Beautiful Lives to map out the customer journey of the decision makers and to identify the most important triggers and barriers. This research would be the basis for a refined business proposition.
The customer journey of commercial vehicles looks very different from that of passenger cars. Based on ten individual interviews with responsible parties (such as fleet managers) and influencers (such as directors), we mapped out where opportunities lie, where improvements can be made and what the advantages of leasing are.
A number of concrete wishes emerged from these individual conversations:
- More flexibility in the lease contract (number of kilometers and contract duration).
- Maintaining control over maintenance and repairs.
- No additional payment in the final invoice.
- Brand-independent expertise on the optimum bus equipment.
- Solutions for making the bus fleet more sustainable.
Partly based on this research, LeasePlan has renewed its approach and sharpened its business proposition.